Saturday 14 February 2009

Dotties Challenge Lurve & Friday Sketchers Challenge

This was made for my daughter who is 15 today.
Being born on Valentines day she loves hearts
which is just as well as they are every where!!
The Challenge on Dotties World was set by Karen and can be seen HERE
The challenge this week is LURVE.
Just plain old love or romance.
Here is your chance to make something for hubby for Valentine;
anything goes as long as it includes as at least one of the Charmed downloads.
As we stopped celebrating Valentines as a romantic occasion when my daughter was born
I thought I would show love for her on her birthday hope this counts.
The sketch on the Friday Sketchers Challenge has been done by Heidi
and can be found HERE
The paper were free with a magazine last month.
The heart with the text was done in word and then printed onto card
The bags and shoe are wine glass charms with the rings removed
Brought in the sales by a friend for about 25p (I like bargins)
The image is one of the new Holly and Madison downloads which can be found HERE
She has been coloured in using my Tria markers
As I am no good at cooking, I thought I would make my daughter a Pressie Cake.
Each indiviual box has been made on my craft robo form a Template
The paper I printed out using a Crafters Companion CD
Each Box has a different Holly and Madison image on it
Again these are coloured using my Tria pens
The glitter hearts are from Hobbycraft
The ribbon holding the cake together was 99p from Paper Mill
Do check out the other blogs as the work on them is amazing.
thanks for looking and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNY

6 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow this is amazing, I love your cake, did you design it yourself for the robo? I'd love to try something like this. It is an awesome pressie and i love that you have used the Holly and Madison images, so fitting for a teenager, great card too and fabby bargain! x

Dawn♥ said...

WOWzer this is sooo beautiful! ♥

Louly said...

Oh how fab is this! I bet your daughter loves it doesn't she? I know I do!I have the cake box template for my Silhouette and I've been meaning to make one of these cakes myself.
Thanks for playing along,
Lou xxx

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card and cake.

Glenda

Sue said...

oh wow what a great idea, it looks brill, bet she was well chuffed with it, sue.x

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful cake, and card. your daughter must of loved them.come on who wouldnt.